Incidents - in case something has happened

Threats and violence

Threatening and violent behaviour is a serious working environment problem for our students and staff. KI will not tolerate any such behaviour in the workplace.

If you or a student/colleague is affected, contact your immediate supervisor, the Health and Safety Officer or the Chief Security Officer.

Report an incident

Have you been involved in an accident, do you feel that you have been harassed, have you ever felt at risk in your study environment or want to give improvement suggestions related to your study environment? In order to constantly develop KI as a study and workplace we need to learn from events that have occurred. Therefore, it is important that you report what you have experienced during your time here at KI. You are also welcome to suggest improvements to KI. PhD students report incidents via the employee site.

In case of emergency, call SOS Alarm: 112

In case of emergency, call SOS Alarm: 112

In other matters, call KI Alarm: 08-524 80 100

Please, also report your incident.

Report student environment incidents

If you have a serious incident (for example, personal threats or a needle stick injury with a known or highly suspected contagious substance) or a serious accident with severe personal injury in your studies, you or a fellow student must immediately notify the responsible head of the department by telephone or in person. The same applies if a death occurs in the studies. You need to also make a report in KI's internal incident system for students. The responsible head of the department must immediately (the same day) report serious work environment incidents to the Swedish Work Environment Authority. In the event of a study-related personal injury or illness, the responsible head of department must also make a report to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency. In the aftermath, the responsible head of department, together with the student who was affected in the incident as well as the concerned safety representative, will investigate the causes and implement measures to minimize the risk of the same thing happening again.

Please, use one of these 4 links to report your incident:

What happens after your report?

Your report will be investigated by the department responsible for the course you are attending. If you have reported a safety issue KI's unit for environment and safety will investigate it. If you want, you have the option to make an anonymous report.

If an incident occurs during work-based education (VFU), you should contact the course coordinator of the responsible department at KI (or manager, teacher, head of security or another employee whom you trust or as an alternative an student safety representative). Do not forget to report the incident via the entry Study environment incident - injury/inconvenience/illness or violation/harassment. You can choose to only report the incident via the entry Study environment incident. The incident will be investigated more quickly if you also contact someone in a managerial position at the workplace.

If you need support

If you want to talk to someone about what you have experienced or if you need help writing the report, you can contact your study counselor, your teacher or any other teacher/administrator for whom you have confidence. You can also contact the Student Health centre as well as the student or doctoral ombudspersons.