Audiological Counceling, 6 creditsAudiologisk samtalsteknik, 6 hp
This course syllabus is valid from autumn 2019.
- Course code
- Course name
- Audiological Counceling
- 6 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- G2 - First cycle 2
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Utbildningsnämnden CLINTEC
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee CLINTEC
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2019
Specific entry requirements
The course builds on the courses Adult education and learning and Hearing Rehabilitation 1 and constitutes a basis for future course in clinical training.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the palette of rehabilitation opportunities available based on course materials and learning activities which occur as part of the course
- Assess what tools and what counseling strategies that contribute to the best possible hearing health for the individual
- Be able to propose appropriate counseling tools and act and apply them based on a professional approach in customized learning activities with the starting point of an auditory rehabilitative perspective
The last week of the course contains a larger seminar examined in small groups and time is also given for work with the written home examination.
Seminars and exercises are compulsory. In case of absence from a compulsory part, the student is responsible for contacting course coordinator for complementary assignment.
The examiner decides how absence from compulsory course elements can be made up. Study results cannot be reported until the student has participated in compulsory course elements or compensated for any absence in accordance with instructions from the course coordinator. Absence from a compulsory course element could mean that the student can not retake the element until the next time the course is offered.
To pass the course, attendance and active participation in compulsory parts are also required. Students who do not pass a regular examination are entitled to re-sit the examination on five more occasions. Each time the course is offered, one regular examination and two additional examinations are given. Each occasion the student participates in the same test counts as an examination. Supplementary additions to written assignment are counted as an examination. Submission of a blank exam paper is regarded as an In case a student is registered for an examination but does not attend, this is not regarded as an examination.
If there are special grounds, or a need for adaptation for a student with a disability, the examiner may decide to deviate from the syllabus's regulations on the examination form, the number of examination opportunities, the possibility of supplementation or exemptions from the compulsory section/s of the course etc. Content and learning outcomes as well as the level of expected skills, knowledge and abilities may not be changed, removed or reduced.
Literature and other teaching aids
2nd ed. : Clifton Park, N.Y. : Delmar, 2011. - 1 v. ISBN:978-1-4354-9936-2 (pbk.) LIBRIS-ID:12335804 Library search
1. utg. : Stockholm : Natur & kultur, 2013 - 180 s. ISBN:978-91-27-13216-0 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:12731972 Library search
[Ny utg.] : Stockholm : Bonnier, 2012 - 243 s. ISBN:978-91-0-100290-8 LIBRIS-ID:13619205 Library search
7th ed. : Boston : Pearson, c2012. - xxv, 647,  p. ISBN:978-0-205-18346-3 LIBRIS-ID:13037119 Library search