Optometric Clinic 3, 7.5 creditsKlinisk optometri 3, 7.5 hp
This course syllabus is valid from spring 2015.
- Course code
- Course name
- Optometric Clinic 3
- 7.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- G2 - First cycle 2
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Clinical Neuroscience
- Decided by
- Programnämnd 8
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Programnämnd 8
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Spring 2015
Specific entry requirements
- independently be able to make a complete vision examination based on science and best practice (see for example the quality norm of Optikerförbundet and The Swedish Industry of Optometry/Optikerbranschen), and show much high understanding of current laws and regulations and exercise optometry in relation to current laws and regulations.
And that the student in relation to optometry, medical care and science should be able to show:
- very high ability to search and evaluate knowledge on scientific level,
- very high ability to follow the knowledge development
- very high knowledge of the sound academic basis of the field and knowledge of current research and development and knowledge of the relationship between scholarship and best practice and the relationship importance for the profession exercise,
- very high ability to identify his needs of additional knowledge and that continuous develop his skills and
- large understanding about the knowledge role in the society and if the responsibility of people for how it is used.
The aims above should be seen in relation to the document "Vetenskaplig strimma Optikerprogrammet".
In addition to this, the course is part of the program's teaching intended to develop the student's scientific abilities. In which the student should - show the ability to continue to develop within the field, including best practice and scientific communication, and develop his knowledge and understanding, his skills and abilities his judgement and his scientific thoughts and attitudes related to optometry and a lifelong learning. The teaching related to general science and scientific abilities is described in a separate document.
The course also contains two weeks external clinical placement.
The course is divided into two (2) parts:
Clinical Work, 3.5 hp
Part 1 includes written assignments and group assignment and clinical work.
Theoretical Understanding, 4 hp
Part 2 includes theoretical understanding of the content of the course.
Part 1, Clinical work, be examined with written assignments and practical test. Compulsory participation applies at demonstrations, test, laboratory sessions, seminars, study visits and at practical/clinical exercises. In case of absence, measures with course directors are discussed. The part is graded according to the scale Failed/Passed/pass with credit.
Part 2, Theoretical understanding, be examined with written/oral the examinations. The part is graded according to the scale Failed/Passed/pass with credit
The overall course mark is graded according to the scale Failed/Passed/pass with credit. A Pass grade requires a Pass in both parts. To pass with distinction is required to pass in one of the parts and pass with credit in the other part.
Criteria for assessing the practical tests of the course are established in separate documents.
At failed results, possibility for new examination is given.
Teaching in English may occur. English can occur.
Literature and other teaching aids
2nd ed. : St. Louis, Mo. : Butterworth-Heinemann/Elsevier, c2006. - xviii, 1694 p. ISBN:0-7506-7524-1 LIBRIS-ID:10580274 Library search
St. Louis ; b Mosby, c cop. 1998 : Mosby, cop. 1998 - xv, 368 s. ISBN:0-8016-6916-2 LIBRIS-ID:5674465 Library search
4.ed. : Edinburgh : Elsevier/Butterworth Heinemann, 2007 - 470 p ISBN:9780750688741 Library search
3rd ed. : Edinburgh ;a New York : Elsevier/Butterworth Heinemann, 2007 - xii, 342 p. ISBN:978-0-7506-8896-3 LIBRIS-ID:11008167 Library search
5th ed. : St. Louis : Butterworth-Heinemann/Elsevier, 2007 - 510 p. ISBN:978-0-7506-7575-6 Library search
7. ed. : Oxford : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2009 - 409 p ISBN:978-0-7020-2958-5 Library search
5. ed. /b Bruce J.W. Evans : Edinburgh ;a New York : Elsevier Butterworth Heinemann, 2007 - 454 s. ISBN:978-0-7506-8897-0 LIBRIS-ID:10659509 Library search
London : Blackwell Science, 1993 - vii, 168 s. : ill. ISBN:0-632-03599-4 Library search
7. ed. : Edinburgh : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2011 - ix, 909 s. ISBN:978-0-7020-4093-1 (hbk.) LIBRIS-ID:12189545 Library search
New York : McGraw-Hill Co., c2000. - xi, 345 p. ISBN:978-0-8385-2670-5 (alk. paper) LIBRIS-ID:11950260 Library search