Radiographic methodology 1, 7.5 creditsRadiografisk metodik 1, 7.5 hp
This course syllabus is valid from autumn 2011.
- Course code
- Course name
- Radiographic methodology 1
- 7.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- G1 - First cycle 1
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Programnämnden för röntgensjuksköterskprogrammet
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Programnämnd 6 (Biomedicinsk analytiker- och Röntgensjuksköterskeprogrammen)
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2011
Specific entry requirements
Radiation physics, 4.5 hp
The part deals with the sources of ionising and non-ionising radiation, interaction and detection. Furthermore, basic understanding of the risks that may occur in the use of ionising radiation is provided, and through practical exercises knowledge of practical radiation protection is provided.
During this part basic understanding of the technical equipment used in conventional X-ray examinations such as X-ray tubes and image plates and exposure indications on these, is provided. The part also gives an overview of the filing systems used for images and as well as text materials (PACS and RIS).
Radiographic Techniques, 3.0 hp
During this part is made an overview of developments of different modality within image and functional medicine. In this teaching, study visits concerning the different examination methods are included.
Literature and other teaching aids
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2007 - 288 s. ISBN:978-91-44-03796-7 LIBRIS-ID:10517253 URL: http://www.studentlitteratur.se/omslagsbild/artnr/31919-01/height/320/width/320/bild.jpg Library search
Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2010. ISBN:978-0-7817-7554-0 LIBRIS-ID:12148840 Library search
Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2002 - 310 s. ISBN:91-44-01528-3 LIBRIS-ID:8427844 Library search