Anatomy and physiology 2 - Transport and reproduction, 7 creditsAnatomi och fysiologi 2 - Transport och reproduktion, 7 hp
This course syllabus is valid from autumn 2014.
- Course code
- Course name
- Anatomy and physiology 2 - Transport and reproduction
- 7 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- Not applicable
- GX - First cycle
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Programnämnd 6
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Programme Committee 6
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2014
Specific entry requirements
- identify and describe the respiratory and structure and function of the circulatory system.
- identify and describe the structure and function of the gastrointestinal tract.
- identify and describe the structure and function of the secretory organs.
- account for the basic structure and function of the reproductive organs.
- account for endocrine system’s basic structure that is linked to respiratory and circulatory system and digestive, urinary and reproductive system functions describe the position of bodies in relation to one another and the body as a whole.
In thise course, the anatomy and physiology of the different organs are studied based on scientific grounds.
In the theme of the respiratory and circulatory system, the structure and tasks of the airways, the lungs, the heart and the blood vessels, and the composition and properties of the blood, are studied.
One theme treats the gastrointestinal system, the gastrointestinal tract, and the organs participating in the digestion process such as the salivary glands, pancreas, the liver and the gall bladder.
Within the theme secretion, the structure and function of the kidneys and the urinary tract in the removal of waste substances from the blood and the regulation of body fluids, are studied.
Under the theme the reproductive organs, an overview of the male and female genital organs is made .
The endocrine system deals with glands and hormones that are linked to the respiratory and circulatory system and digestive, urinary and reproductive system
In consultation with the examiner of the course, the student may get a complementary assignment in case of absence from a compulsory part.
The student is entitled to a total of six test occasions to get passed.
In connections to the course four occasions will be given. One within the course, three occasions at the following re-examinations. In certain cases, it is required that the student submits an exemption application before he/she get the results of his/her latest completed examination. Two more opportunities will be provided as described above when the course is run next time.
Literature and other teaching aids
4., omarb. uppl. : Stockholm : Liber, 2001 - , 447 s. ISBN:91-47-05077-2 LIBRIS-ID:8354393 Library search
1. uppl. : Stockholm : Norstedts, 2009 - 559 s. ISBN:978-91-1-302279-6 LIBRIS-ID:11378577 URL: http://bilder.panorstedt.se/bilder/omslag/224/13022796_O_1.jpg Library search
4., [uppdaterade] uppl. : : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2007, - 355 s. : ill. ISBN:978-91-44-04775-1 Library search
1. uppl. : Stockholm : Liber, 2006 - 164 s. ISBN:91-47-05303-8 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:10054018 URL: http://www2.liber.se/bilder/omslag/100/4705303o.jpg Library search
Stockholm : Liber, 2007 - 544s ISBN:9789147084357 Library search