Physical Activity as Prevention FYSS/FaR, 7.5 creditsFysisk aktivitet som prevention FYSS/FaR, 7.5 hp
This course syllabus is valid from autumn 2020.
- Course code
- Course name
- Physical Activity as Prevention FYSS/FaR
- 7.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- Not applicable
- Second cycle, in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
- Participating institutions
- Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Decided by
- Styrelsen för utbildning
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee NVS
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2020
Specific entry requirements
The student should at completed course be able to:
- explain and reflect on the dose of physical activity and its relationships with different aspects of health and be able to explain the current recommendations on physical activity for children, adult and older on the basis of exercise physiology and epidemiology
- prescribe physical activity as prevention of different diseases, can identify his own profession's role in work with leave and possibilities to interprofessional cooperation
- have knowledge of methods of measurement for physical activity on individual and community level and be able to evaluate and analyse condition - and strength training on individual level
- on the basis of theoretical models show ability to support behavioural change and maintaining respect physical activity and be familiar with principles of communication methodology and reflect over own advisory talks
- reflect on evidence-based methods to promote physical activity on individual and community level.
Students who have not passed the regular examination are entitled to participate in five examinations. If the student has failed a total of six examinations, no additional examination will be offered.
Students who do not pass a regular examination are entitled to re-sit the examination on five occasions.more. If the student has failed a total of six examinations/tests, no additional examination is given. Each occasion the student participates in the same test counts as an examination. Submission of a blank exam paper is regarded as an examination. In case a student is registered for an examination but does not attend, this is not regarded as an examination.
If there are special grounds, or a need for adaptation for a student with a disability, the examiner may decide to deviate from the syllabus's regulations on the examination form, the number of examination opportunities, the possibility of supplementation or exemptions from the compulsory section/s of the course etc. Content and learning outcomes as well as the level of expected skills, knowledge and abilities may not be changed, removed or reduced
Course evaluation is made during the course and at completed course with KI's computer-based course questionnaire with additional questions in accordance with the guidelines established by the Board of Higher Education.
Literature and other teaching aids
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2013 - 255 s. ISBN:9789144074825 LIBRIS-ID:14716863 Library search
Läkartidningen förlag, ISBN-nr 978-91-981711-2-9, 2017
Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, c2012. - 281 p. ISBN:978-0-7360-8710-0 (hard cover) LIBRIS-ID:12430965 Library search