Degree Project for Master's Degree (60 credits) in Odontological Prophylaxis, 30 creditsExamensarbete för magisterexamen i odontologisk profylaktik, 30 hp
This course syllabus is valid from autumn 2014.
- Course code
- Course name
- Degree Project for Master's Degree (60 credits) in Odontological Prophylaxis
- 30 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- Odontological Prophylaxis
- Second cycle, contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Dental Medicine
- Decided by
- Styrelsen för utbildning
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Board of Higher Education
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2014
Specific entry requirements
- show advanced knowledge in scientific methods and problem-solving and apply the knowledge that has been communicated in the main field of study
- design and formulate research questions, plan, write and present a research plan within a restricted field
- systematically collect and analyse relevant material and explain choice of methods related to the scientific question
- reflect over ethical aspects in their own research study
- independently plan, carry out, compile data, evaluate and write a scientific work that contributes to in-depth knowledge within the main field of study
- show ability to orally communicate, and in writing clearly account for and discuss their conclusions, knowledge and the arguments that underlies these in dialogue with different groups
- analyze and critically review others' research and how this should be communicated
- apply the scientific publication process
Once the research plan has been accepted, the experiment or collection of material and data may proceed.
Results from the study should be compiled and reported regularly in the form of progress reports in a seminar or written report.
A scientific paper will be written containing: Summary, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion. The quality and the extent of the work should correspond to a publishable article intended for a scientific journal within the dental field. The summary should also be written in English.
The scientific paper will be presented for students, supervisors and examiners. The student also should review and publicly discuss another student's degree project.
Compulsory attendance is required at the timetabled seminars. in the event of absence, compensation data are in agreement with course management. The mandatory seminars and lectures will be held at the Department of Dental Medicine, Huddinge, while the research project is carried out elsewhere under the guidance of an appointed supervisor.
If the student does not submit a thesis at the appointed time or does not carry out the examination, they must wait until the next examination opportunity. Examinations are carried out once a semester.
Literature and other teaching aids
2. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 1996 - 151 s. ISBN:91-44-36652-3 LIBRIS-ID:8353602 Library search
2nd ed. : Chicago : Quintessence Pub. Co., c2007 - x, 312 p. ISBN:978-0-86715-426-9 (pbk.) LIBRIS-ID:10682194 Library search
4. ed. : Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2000 - 356 s. + e 1 DC-ROM ISBN:0-7817-1860-0 LIBRIS-ID:8307462 Library search