Physical Activity as Prevention FYSS/FaR, 7.5 creditsFysisk aktivitet som prevention FYSS/FaR, 7.5 hp
This course syllabus is valid from spring 2019.
- Course code
- Course name
- Physical Activity as Prevention FYSS/FaR
- 7.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- Not applicable
- Second cycle, in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
- Participating institutions
- Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Decided by
- Styrelsen för utbildning
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee NVS
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Spring 2019
Specific entry requirements
The student should at completed course be able to:
1. On the basis of exercise physiology and epidemiology explain and reflect on the dose of physical activity and its relationships with different aspects of health and be able to explain the current recommendations on physical activity for children, adult and older.
2. Prescribe physical activity as prevention of different diseases, can identify his own profession's role in work with leave and possibilities to interprofessional cooperation.
3. Have knowledge of methods of measurement for physical activity on individual and community level and be able to evaluate and analyse condition - and strength training on individual level.
4. On the basis of theoretical models show ability to support behavioural change and maintaining respect physical activity and be familiar with principles of communication methodology and reflect over own advisory talks.
5. reflect on evidence-based methods to promote physical activity on individual and community level.
Students who have not passed the regular examination are entitled to participate in five examinations. If the student has failed six examinations, no additional examination will be offered. Every time the student participates in the same test counts as an examination session.
The course replaces 2XX031.
Literature and other teaching aids
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2013 - 255 s. ISBN:9789144074825 LIBRIS-ID:14716863 Library search
Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, c2012. - 281 p. ISBN:978-0-7360-8710-0 (hard cover) LIBRIS-ID:12430965 Library search