Diet, Physical Activity and Fitness - Assessment and Evaluation, 7.5 creditsKost, fysisk aktivitet och fitness - mätmetodik och utvärdering, 7.5 hp
This course syllabus is valid from autumn 2021.
- Course code
- Course name
- Diet, Physical Activity and Fitness - Assessment and Evaluation
- 7.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- Nutrition Science
- AV - Second cycle
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Biosciences and Nutrition
- Decided by
- Utbildningsnämnden BioNut
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee BioNut
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2021
Specific entry requirements
- suggest, justify and critically discuss the appropriateness of the methods covered in the course in different given situations.
- apply the latest (global) physical activity and nutrient recommendations and be able to quantify populations at risk.
- apply the concepts of the quality and quantitative aspects in the dose-response relationship between physical (in)activity and health.
- design a brief assessment tool for use in nutrition epidemiology.
- carry out, supervise and evaluate outcomes of selected tests for cardiorespiratory fitness and body strength.
- calculate sample size estimates, effect sizes and statistical power for different study designs and assessment methods.
- carry out appropriate statistical tests using SPSS to evaluate validity and precision of dietary-, physical activity- and body composition assessment methods.
- write a short report according to standard scientific structure.
In the case of failed results, the assignment may be submitted a maximum of five more times. If the student has completed six failed examinations, no further examination opportunities will be given for that assignment.
A student who has failed two examinations for a course or part of a course, is entitled to have another examiner appointed unless special reasons speak against it.
Assignments and seminar s are mandatory. The course director assesses if and, in that case, how absence from compulsory parts can be compensated. Before the student has participated in all compulsory parts or compensated absence according with the course director's instructions, the student's results will not be registered in LADOK.
If there are special reasons, or need for adjustment for a student with a disability, the examiner may decide to depart from the syllabus's regulations on examination form, number of examination opportunities, possibility of complementation of or exemption from compulsory parts of the course, etc. Content and learning goals as well as the level of expected skills, knowledge and abilities must not be altered, removed or lowered.
A course evaluation will be conducted according to guidelines decided by the Committee for Higher Education at KI.
Oral evaluation will be carried out during the course.
Literature and other teaching aids
Reports, articles and other assigned literature will be specified in the study guide and electronically available.
Lippincott Williams And Wilkin, 2017 - 208 sidor ISBN:978-1-4963-3880-8 LIBRIS-ID:21802377 Library search