Practical Placement 2, 18 creditsPraktikplacering 2, 18 hp
- Course code
- Course name
- Practical Placement 2
- 18 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- AV - Second cycle
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics
- Decided by
- Programme Committee 7
- Decision date
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2015
Specific entry requirements
At least the grade Pass on the courses in Business development and Practical Placement 1 within the Master's programme in bioentrepreneurship.
The aim of the course is that the student should deepen his/her understanding of the life science industry, by the applied project.
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to, in a practical setting:
- plan and perform, analyse and present a project that demands a deep knowledge and skills within an area that is relevant for the study programme,
- reflect over one's own personal experience and ones own individual contribution to the project,
- analyse, review and evaluate other students' projects and be able to present and discuss ones own work,
- show skills such as cooperation, individual responsibility, project management and oral as well as written communication,
- carry out a project work in a scientific- and business ethical correct manner,
- analyse the context of the project/company from a bioentrepreneurial perspective,
- understand the life science scene as a a future work place.
The course consists of projects in the field of life science. The project can be done in collaboration with companies or organisations and aims to illustrate or resolve specific issues.
The project can for example be focused on:
- R and D
- Marketing and Sales
- Business development
- Human Resources
The course consists of:
- Lectures and workshop/seminars with active student participation
- Internship with project tasks that can be in cooperation with a company/organisation.
- Individual written and oral assignments.
The project tasks will be reported orally as well as in writing.
The pedagogy is based on 'entrepreneurial learning' to create conditions for creativity, reflection and initiative.
The examination consists of a written report and written individual learning journals (Fail/Pass). The oral presentation and opposition on another students project work will also be part of the examination (Fail/Pass).
In order to pass the course the student needs to get the grade pass on all examinations.
Attendance at workshops/seminars and presentations is mandatory.
The course director assesses if and, in that case, how absence can be compensated. Before the student has participated in all compulsory parts or compensated absence in accordance with the course director's instructions, the student's results for respective part will not be registered in LADOK.
The examiner may immediately suspend a student's project placement or equivalent if the student demonstrates serious deficiencies in knowledge, skills or attitudes in a way that trust with the partner may be damaged or broken.
When the project placement is interrupted in this way, the student will fail the current course element and one project placement opportunity is consumed. The same applies if the placement is not considered passed. In such cases, an individual action plan will be formulated by the course leader, setting out what activities and knowledge tests that are required for the student to be able to pass the course.
After each course occasion there will be at least six occasions for the examination within a two-year period from the end of the course.
The course language is English.
Course evaluation will be carried out in accordance with the guidelines established by the Board of Higher Education.
Oral evaluation in the form of course council meetings will be carried out during the course.
Literature and other teaching aids
Literature from previous courses will be used as reference literature and the student will also need to apply earlier acquired knowledge to find the relevant information required for the project tasks.