Project in Toxicology, 7.5 creditsProjekt i toxikologi, 7.5 hp
- Course code
- Course name
- Project in Toxicology
- 7.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- AV - Second cycle
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Institute of Environmental Medicine
- Decided by
- Programnämnd 7
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee IMM
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2023
Specific entry requirements
Lowest the grade Pass at all courses on semester 1 and 2, as well as the courses Global toxicology in a sustainable society, and either Molecular and cellular toxicology or Risk assessment and in silico toxicology, within the Master's Programme in Toxicology.
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
Regarding knowledge and understanding
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the area of study,
- demonstrate methodological knowledge and understanding in the area of study,
Regarding skills and ability
- acquire and critically review relevant literature in the field of the chosen project,
- collect data and/or other relevant information for compilation and analysis,
- carry out the project according to Karolinska Institutet's guidelines for ethically correct research,
- clearly present and critically discuss his or her work in written and oral forms, for the scientific community,
Individual work of relevance to toxicology. An individual project plan is written by the supervisor together with the student. The project work can be carried out at a university, public authority or company.
Individual work under supervision, but with a certain degree of independence, participation in seminars, meetings and other similar activities taking place where the work is carried out. Studies of literature according to the recommendation of the supervisor and the student's own assessment.
The examination consists of a written report. The examiner sets the grade based on the student's written report.
The examiner may immediately suspend a student's project placement or equivalent if the student demonstrates serious deficiencies in knowledge, skills or attitudes in a way that trust with the partner may be damaged or broken.
The course language is English.