Clinical course in orthodontics - orthodontics as part of oral rehabilitation, 7.5 creditsKlinisk kurs i ortodonti - ortodontins roll vid oral rehabilitering, 7.5 hp
- Course code
- Course name
- Clinical course in orthodontics - orthodontics as part of oral rehabilitation
- 7.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Contract education (credits)
- Main field of study
- AV - Second cycle
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Dental Medicine
- Decided by
- Styrelsen för utbildning
- Decision date
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2011
Specific entry requirements
Dental Degree of at least 180 credits. In addition, knowledge of English equivalent to English B is required.
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of the morphological and functional consequences of tooth loss, diseases of the tooth supporting tissue and malocclusions with skeletal etiology - Plan care in collaboration with other dental specialties - Select and evaluate different treatment options - Practical implementation of the orthodontic treatment portion - Demonstrate a deeper understanding of the differences between orthodontic treatment in children and adults
State of the art presentations of the various dental specialties. Different possibilities for overcoming problems caused by lack of tooth/teeth, implants, pre-prosthetic orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, bone distraction, orthodontic treatment of periodontally damaged dentition. Orthognathic surgery planning. Multidisciplinary aplasia treatment. Oral appliances and splints for snoring and sleep apnea.
Lectures, joint treatment planning rounds, and clinical work on patients.
Present knowledge of the role of orthodontics in occlusal rehabilitation and apply this knowledge in clinical situations and treatment. Clinical audit and report of patients treated. Analysis and synthesis of one's own patient cases.
Language of instruction: English.
Literature and other teaching aids
Journal of clinical periodontology [Elektronisk resurs]
St. Louis, Mo. : Mosby, cop. 2003 - ix, 751 s. ISBN:0-323-01697-9 LIBRIS-ID:8764140 Library search
Chicago : Quintessence, cop. 1994 - 236 s. ISBN:0-86715-188-9 LIBRIS-ID:6175745 Library search