For students attending the Master programme in Global Health Selection and nomination - Exchange Studies
The programme has set rules and criteria for exchange studies.
- Study Results: you must be eligible to continue your studies at KI at the time of your departure.
- Language Skills: your study programme will consider your language proficiency or how you plan to acquire the necessary language skills.
- Good Ambassador: your ability of being a good ambassador for KI will be considered. As an exchange student from KI, you will be representing KI at the host university.
- Statement of Motivation: your statement should demonstrate that you are motivated to study abroad and, if applicable, provide evidence of interest in a particular course, university, country etc.
- Study Results: better study results will receive higher priority.
- Active Participation: in any of KI’s associations such as MF, Global Friends or other bodies within KI; been an ambassador or mentor for students, etc.
- Research: over and above training in relevant fields. If you are claiming research credentials, you must enclose certification from your research tutor with the application.
- Motivation: special interest in a particular course or university will be considered in the event of otherwise equal credentials between applicants.
- Other Commitments: other involvements and credentials of interest will be taken into consideration, for example, activity in other associations.
- Interview or Decision by Lot: if it is difficult to distinguish between applicants, the international committee may conduct interviews or decide priority by lot.
How is The Selection Done?
Once the application period has closed, the department will make its choice in accordance with the rules and criteria and rank the students in order of preference.
The places will be allocated in order of priority – you will be nominated to the university that you have listed with the highest priority in which a vacant place is available.
As soon as a decision has been made you will be informed that you have been nominated for exchange studies. You will then receive further information and directions from the International Coordinator.
Note that you are responsible for applying to the partner institution after having been nominated by KI. You should contact your Programme Director to discuss a plan for your exchange studies.
It is important that you understand that you have not been accepted for exchange studies at the partner institution until you have received a letter of acceptance or admission notification from that institution.