Radiology 1, 4.5 creditsRöntgendiagnostik 1, 4.5 hp
This course syllabus is valid from spring 2022.
- Course code
- Course name
- Radiology 1
- 4.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- G1 - First cycle 1
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Programnämnden för Röntgensjuksköterskeprogrammet
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee CLINTEC
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Spring 2022
Specific entry requirements
* describe how contrast differences arise in the diagnostic image material.
* identify and name anatomic structures in the diagnostic image material and explain normal features.
* use correct medical term for positioning of the organs and the method of applied examination methods.
* explain and motivate the use of contrast medium in radiological examinations.
* describe, at a general level, commonly used methods for conventional x-ray examinations
* evaluate images based on image quality criteria
In the course, an adequate medical terminology is trained based on the radiological images and examination methodology.
The course also deals with contrast medium and its use in the diagnostic imaging.
The examiner decides whether, and if so, how absence from compulsory educational elements can be taken again. Study results cannot be reported until the student has participated in compulsory course elements or compensated for any absence in accordance with instructions from the examiner. Absence from a compulsory course element could mean that the student can not retake the element until the next time the course is offered.
In case of students absence of a compulsory task, the examiner of the course may allow a complementary assignment
The student is entitled to a total of six test occasions to get passed.
In connection to the course three occasions will be given One within the course, two during the following examinations. In certain cases, it is required that the student submits an exemption application before he/she get the results of his/her latest completed examination. Three more opportunities will be provided as described above when the course is run next time.
If there are special grounds, or a need for adaptation for a student with a disability, the examiner may decide to deviate from the syllabus's regulations on the examination form, the number of examination opportunities, the possibility of supplementation or exemptions from the compulsory section/s of the course etc. Content and learning outcomes as well as the level of expected skills, knowledge and abilities may not be changed, removed or reduced.
Literature and other teaching aids
3rd ed. : London : Hodder Arnold, 2007. - 1 online resource (x, 283 p.) ISBN:978-1-4441-1364-8 (electronic bk.) LIBRIS-ID:12100472 Library search
2nd ed., rev. and enl. : Stuttgart ; a New York : Thieme, 2000. - ix, 374 p. LIBRIS-ID:10332052 URL: https://lt.ltag.bibl.liu.se/login?url=http://www.thieme.com/ebooklibrary/flexibook/pubid-521955621/index.html z Extern access endast anställda och studenter vid LiU
3. ed., rev. and updated /b Torsten B.Moeller, Emil Reif : Stuttgart : Thieme, 2007 - ix, 264 s. ISBN:3-13-125503-X (GTV) LIBRIS-ID:10257344 Library search
3. ed., rev. and updated : Stuttgart : Thieme, cop. 2007 - viii, 247 s. ISBN:3-13-125603-6 (GTV) LIBRIS-ID:10322889 Library search
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2008 - 848 s. ISBN:978-91-44-03887-2 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:10948825 URL: http://www.studentlitteratur.se/omslagsbild/artnr/31995-01/height/320/width/320/bild.jpg Library search
5., utökade uppl. /b [fackgranskning: Håkan Aldskogius] : Stockholm : Liber, 2006 - , 520 s. ISBN:91-47-05301-1 LIBRIS-ID:10162715 URL: http://www2.liber.se/bilder/omslag/100/4705301o.jpg Library search
4., English ed. : Munich ; Baltimore : Urban & Schwarzenberg, 1987 - 288 s. ISBN:0-8067-2114-6 (Baltimore) LIBRIS-ID:5707799 Library search
Stockholm : Liber, 2007 - 544s ISBN:9789147084357 Library search