Anatomy and physiology 2 - Transport and reproduction, 7 creditsAnatomi och fysiologi 2 - Transport och reproduktion, 7 hp
This course syllabus is valid from autumn 2018.
- Course code
- Course name
- Anatomy and physiology 2 - Transport and reproduction
- 7 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- Not applicable
- GX - First cycle
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Programnämnd 6
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee CLINTEC
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2018
Specific entry requirements
- identify and describe the respiratory and structure and function of the circulatory system
- identify and describe the structure and function of the gastrointestinal tract
- identify and describe the structure and function of the secretory organs
- account for the basic structure and function of the reproductive organs
- account for endocrine system’s structure that is linked to respiratory and circulatory system and digestive, urinary and reproductive system functions
- practically perform heart rate and blood pressure measurement
- describe the position of bodies in relation to one another and the body as a whole
In thise course, the anatomy and physiology of the different organs are studied based on scientific grounds.
In the theme of the respiratory and circulatory system, the structure and tasks of the airways, the lungs, the heart and the blood vessels, and the composition and properties of the blood, are studied.
One theme treats the gastrointestinal system, the gastrointestinal tract, and the organs participating in the digestion process such as the salivary glands, pancreas, the liver and the gall bladder.
Within the theme secretion, the structure and function of the kidneys and the urinary tract in the removal of waste substances from the blood and the regulation of body fluids, are studied.
Under the theme the reproductive organs, an overview of the male and female genital organs is made and their function is linked to reproduction.
The endocrine system deals with glands and hormones that are linked to the respiratory and circulatory system and digestive, urinary and reproductive system
The course also includes training in heart rate and blood pressure measurement.
Are there assignments, they must be examiner provided in due time.
If the course is examined by a extern exam, or other assignments with deadlines, a latest submission date is given at the introduction of the course. In cases where a completion is required a new date for latest submission is set. If the requirements for submission are not fulfilled the student is given the opportunity to submit the exam or the assignment at the next time course is given. Reasons for not meeting deadlines may be taken under consideration by examiner.
In consultation with the examiner of the course, the student may get a complementary assignment in case of absence from a compulsory part.
In connections to the course three occasions will be given. One within the course, two occasions at the following re-examinations. Three more opportunities will be provided as described above when the course is run next time.
Literature and other teaching aids
5., utökade uppl. /b [fackgranskning: Håkan Aldskogius] : Stockholm : Liber, 2006 - , 520 s. ISBN:91-47-05301-1 LIBRIS-ID:10162715 URL: http://www2.liber.se/bilder/omslag/100/4705301o.jpg Library search
Stockholm : Liber, 2007 - 544s ISBN:9789147084357 Library search
Inera AB, URL: Länk
2. uppl. : Stockholm : Liber, 2012 - 164 s. ISBN:9789147105878 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:12744910 Library search
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2014 - 336 s. ISBN:9789144097398 LIBRIS-ID:16016423 Library search
Sjätte upplagan : Lund : Studentlitteratur,  - 397 sidor ISBN:9789144114859 LIBRIS-ID:19922136 Library search