For students attending the course Systematic review and meta-analysis (3.0 credits) course code 4FH099
In this course, you will be introduced to the concepts and methods of systematic reviews and meta-analysis and put this into practice through working on an individual project.
The content of the course includes:
• Basic concepts in systematic reviews and meta-analyses
• How to write a study protocol for a systematic review
• How to perform a systematic literature search
• Data extraction and quality assessment of included studies
• Statistical methods used in meta-analyses and interpretation
About the course
The course is held on campus and lasts for 2 weeks. The course starts on October 27, 2022 and runs until Wednesday November 9, 2022. The roll call is on Monday October 27 at Gunnar Höglund, Karolinska Institutet Solna campus at 9 AM.
Course Evaluation HT21
The examination is based on two assignments:
- a quality assessment of a scientific article relevant to the course content (Pass/Fail)
- an individual written report which consists of a study protocol using the concepts discussed during the course (Pass with Distinction/Pass/Fail)
Compulsory attendance includes the scheduled workshops and group sessions, as well as the exam. One is required to come well prepared for each seminar (see reading list). Absence will need to be replaced by individual assignments following discussion with the course co-ordinator, e.g. article reviews, with written or oral follow-up.
Log in to Canvas
Once you are admitted to the programme you may log in to Canvas for more information.
For students on the Master's Programme in Public Health Sciences
On the programme web you can find everything you need to know as a student on the Master’s Programme in Public Health Sciences.
Student at KI
Welcome to Karolinska Institutet. Read more about all the information you need to ensure a smooth start to your studies.