Admissions to Global Master's Programmes
Below you will find instructions on how to apply for the Global Master's Programmes at Karolinska Institutet.
Central online application portal
You apply for the Global Master's programmes through universityadmissions.se, the online application portal for higher education in Sweden.
Read more about prioritising/ranking your selections at universityadmissions.se. You can apply for up to four programmes, and if you get admitted, your lower-ranked programmes will be deleted.
Follow the instructions on universityadmissions.se on how to apply.
Do not send any documents to University Admissions in Sweden (universityadmissions.se) before you have completed the online application. Please also note that no documents should be submitted directly to Karolinska Institutet.
Autumn 2023 intake
The admissions round is open from 17 October 2022 to 16 January 2023 at universityadmissions.se. The deadline for the supporting documentation, and the application fee/proof of exemption is 1 February 2023.
Please note that University Admissions in Sweden will not start to process your application before you have paid the application fee/submitted proof of exemption from the application fees.
Entry requirements for the master's programmes
Before you apply you should check that you have the required academic qualifications and language skills. In order to be eligible you must meet the general entry requirements, the programme-specific requirements, and the English language requirement.
General entry requirements
The general eligibility requirement is a bachelor's degree equivalent to a Swedish bachelor's degree of 180 ECTS from an internationally recognised university. For detailed information on how you can meet the general entry requirement, check the country specific requirements. Applicants in their final year of bachelor's studies can be conditionally admitted.
Specific entry requirements
In order to be eligible, you must also meet the specific entry requirements for the programme you are applying for. You can find information about the specific requirements in the programme description.
English language requirements
All Global Master's Programmes at Karolinska Institutet require proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary school courses English 6/English B.
You may meet the English language requirement through previous university level studies, upper secondary school studies or English language proficiency tests. Please read the instructions on how to document your English language proficiency at universityadmissions.se.
Do not send any language proficiency test results such as IELTS or TOEFL directly to Karolinska Institutet. Please follow the instructions at universityadmissions.se.
It is important that you follow the instructions on supporting documentation when you prepare your application. If you do not submit the documentation according to the instructions on universityadmissions.se, you cannot be considered for admission.
Most documents can be uploaded and you will find detailed instructions on how to upload when you are logged in at your account at universityadmissions.se. You must among others make sure that you scan the original documentation and scan in colour. Scanned copies and certified copies will not be accepted by University Admissions in Sweden.
Please note that some transcripts of records have to be submitted directly from the issuing university to University Admissions in Sweden, please check the country specific instructions. In the country specific instructions you will also find information on whether your documents have to be translated.
Applicants in their final year
If you are an applicant in your final year of bachelor's studies you can be conditionally admitted on condition that you meet the degree requirement before the start of the programme. Please follow the instructions at for applicants in their final year of bachelor's studies.
Even though you might meet the entry requirements, this does not guarantee admission. When the number of applicants exceeds the number of places offered (which is normally the case), a selection among the eligible applicants will take place.
Applicants to our Global Master's Programmes are asked to complete a CV form that will be used in the selection process.
The selection is based on an overall assessment of your qualifications, such as your previous education, relevant work and research experience and statement of intent. Please note that experiences which have not been certified according to the instructions in the CV form, will not be considered in the selection.
- Find a programme that you wish to study
- Check that you meet the specific entry requirements for that programme (available under each programme description)
- Read the documentation requirements carefully and check whether you need to sign up for an English language proficiency test.
- Apply online at universityadmissions.se (the Swedish national application website).
- Pay the application fee of 900 SEK (if it applies to you), or submit proof of exemption from the application fee. Please note that University Admissions will not start to assess your documentation before they have received the application fee or the proof of exemption.
- Submit the required documentation to University Admissions in Sweden. Please read the country specific requirements to check whether your transcripts of records must be submitted directly from your university to University Admissions in Sweden, or whether your documentation must be translated.
- Complete the CV form and upload it at your account at universityadmissions.se.
- Apply for scholarships (if it applies to you).
- Follow your application online by logging in to your account at universityadmissions.se. The selection results will also be published there. If you get selected please remember to accept the admissions offer.
For information on key dates please visit universityadmissions.se
Read more on the most frequently asked questions among our applicants at FAQs - Global Master's Programmes
If you have questions regarding
- entry requirements,
- documentation requirements,
- admissions and selection procedures
please contact the Admissions Office at Karolinska Institutet.
If you have questions regarding
- your user account at universityadmissions.se,
- application fee procedures
please contact universityadmissions.se