For students attending the course Physiology (13 credits) course code 1BI046
The course focuses on physiological principles and regulatory mechanisms within the following areas: membranes and nerves; autonomic nervous system; muscle (skeletal, heart, and smooth muscle); heart and circulation; respiration; kidney, fluid and electrolyte balance, acid-base control; gastrointestinal tract; endocrinology and reproduction; regulation of body temperature and exercise physiology. On the couse website, you find relevant information, and links to the schedule and the canvas login.
Information about the course
The course will be held in the spring term of 2023 and starts in January.
Ladok registration. Before each new course, you will register in Ladok for your course. Unless otherwise stated in the course information for that specific course, the registration is open from one week before the course starts to two days after it has started. Login to Ladok and make sure that your contact information in Ladok is correct. This is important to make sure that you receive all the study information you need.
The course web on Canvas will be updated regularly. Please also check the Announcements in Canvas regularly for urgent notices!
- Final Exam will be given the 10th of March 2023.
- Re-Exam will be given the 27th of April 2023.
The university management is monitoring developments on a daily basis via the Public Health Agency of Sweden and the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The health, wellbeing and safety of KI’s staff and students are our highest priority. Please follow the information on the KI web site:
Link to schedule: Spring term 2023
Studying with disabilities at KI
- Students at Karolinska Institutet who need alternative examinations must present a certificate of disability. The certificate is given or emailed to the course expedition at the start of the course or at least 2 weeks before the exam.
- A certificate of disability at KI is issued by Viktoria Hansson. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The course expedition does not receive any individual medical certificates / statements about disability.
- Please send your certificate issued by Viktoria Hansson to the course administrator karin.wrangö@ki.se when the course starts.
- You can read more via this link: https://education.ki.se/studying-with-disabilities-at-ki
Course survey and analysis
The course is evaluated according to the guidelines set by the Board of Education (now Committee of Education).
KI department responsible for the course: Department of Physiology and Pharmacology.
For students on the Bachelor's Programme in Biomedicine
On the programme web you can find everything you need to know as a student on the Bachelor's Programme in Biomedicine.
Student at KI
Here you can find all the information you need for your studies.