Apply to become a digital ambassador
We are looking for new digital ambassadors! It’s extra cash, fun and helping others in one beautiful package! What’s not to like? You are eligible to apply if you are a 1st year student admitted to any of the global bachelor’s or master’s programmes at Karolinska Institutet.
Open for applications! Deadline 29 August 2022
Do you want to help prospective students informing them about studying at Karolinska Institutet and living in Stockholm? Are you a good storyteller keen on sharing your student experience as a blogger, vlogger or social media ambassador? Do you enjoy team work?
We are looking for creative students from a variety of backgrounds. It’s important for us to have a diverse group with mixed nationalities. You don’t have to be a native English speaker – just good at communicating in English.
As a digital ambassador, you will be representing Karolinska Institutet.
We expect all ambassadors to:
- Attend our digital ambassador training (approximately 12 hours, evenings)
- Attend our monthly lunch meetings plus personal/team meetings where we discuss your activity for the coming month.
- Answer questions from prospective students via chat, email, and sometimes video call.
- Show visiting prospective students around campus (“Shadow a student”)
- Engage in team activities and initiatives.
Other small job opportunities could come up too, such as participating in focus groups, helping out with presentations during campus visits etc. These odd jobs are given out on a first-come first-served basis.
Have a look and see if you can imagine yourself doing any of this. If the answer is yes, apply!
For the coming year we are looking to fill the roles described below.
8 bloggers for the Student Blog
You will write a minimum of 2 blog posts per month with a focus on what you learn and experience as a student at KI and in Stockholm.
Requirements: It is important that you are interested in blogging, writing, and taking photos. Experience from blogging yourself is a plus but not a must. Feeling comfortable in front of a video camera is also a plus, as we sometimes look for ambassador’s to join lives and webinars.
Please note! For this intake we are only looking for bloggers from the following programmes:
- Bachelor’s in Biomedicine
- Master’s in Biomedicine
- Master’s in Bioentrepreneurship
- Master’s in Health Informatics
- Master’s in Molecular Techniques in Life Science
- Master’s in Global Health
- Master’s in Nutrition Science
- Master’s in Translational Physiology and Pharmacology
1 vlogger for our YouTube channel
2 students will be managing the YouTube channel Karolinska Institutet student vlogs and we are looking for 1 new vlogger. You will produce 1 video per month with a focus on what you learn and experience as a student at KI and in Stockholm. You are responsible for answering comments and questions on the account.
Requirements: Some experience in filming and editing videos with a video camera or smartphone. Your application must include a max. 2 min long video where you introduce yourself (more information below).
2 ambassadors for our Chinese social media
You will be part of the Chinese Team of two students blogging about life and studies at Karolinska Institutet on Weibo. You will create your own material and share content made by others. You will keep track of special occasions to be highlighted on the channels (Swedish festivities, application deadlines etc.). You will also guide newly admitted students in our WeChat group.
Requirements: You are a good writer, able to tell a story and interested in social media in general. You are already active on Chinese social media. It’s also a plus if you are comfortable in front of a video camera and in doing live streams on different topics.
What you get
You get paid 150 SEK/hour. Depending on your role and how much time you put in you will be working 6-20 hours per month. The agreement is re-newed on a yearly basis, with good possibilities to continue throughout your study time.
We offer all new ambassadors an introduction where you will meet relevant staff from KI and meet the old ambassadors. We also train you in how to communicate in your role, how to use relevant tools and whatever else you need to know to fill your role.
Last, but not least, you also get to join a wonderful group of people (if we have to say so ourselves!). We organise social and inspirational events together and sometimes we even have fun!
How to apply
Are you interested? Great! We will open for applications through our recruitment system Varbi on 15 August 2022. Application deadline is 29 August 2022.
You apply in our recruitment system Varbi. We do not accept any applications or documents per email.
You will need to:
- Upload a CV of max. 2 pages (be sure to provide relevant links proving your experience such as blog, photo skills, video skills or similar if any.)
- Write a motivational letter of max 2 500 characters incl. spaces in the assigned form (no upload option.)
- Rank your roles of interest if you are applying for more than one role.
- If you are applying for the position as a vlogger, you need to send a max. 2 min long video, introducing yourself. Please send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org using the free online tool WeTransfer. Name the file with your first and last name.
We will call for interviews during September.
If you have any questions, please contact Ulrica Kristhammar at email@example.com.
Note! Out of the office for holidays 4 July-14 August. Any questions will be answered after 14 August.
We look forward to hearing from you!