Apply to become a digital ambassador
We are looking for new digital ambassadors! It’s extra cash, fun and helping others in one beautiful package! You are eligible to apply if you are a student admitted to the global bachelor’s or master’s programmes at Karolinska Institutet.
Open for applications 15-27 Aug 2023
Do you want to help prospective students informing them about studying at Karolinska Institutet and living in Stockholm? Are you a good storyteller keen on sharing your student experience as a blogger, vlogger or Instagram ambassador? Do you enjoy team work?
We are looking for creative, social and self-driven students from a variety of backgrounds. We are looking for a diverse group of mixed nationalities. You don’t have to be a native English speaker – just good at communicating in English.
As a digital ambassador, you will be representing Karolinska Institutet. We expect all ambassadors to:
- Attend our digital ambassador training (approximately 12 hours, 3 evenings, sometime in the period 25 Sep-3 Oct).
- Attend our monthly lunch meetings plus personal/team meetings.
- Answer questions from prospective students in comments, email, and sometimes video calls.
- Show prospective students around campus (“Shadow a student”)
- Engage in team activities and initiatives.
Other small job opportunities could come up too, for example helping out with presentations during campus visits, photography sessions etc. These odd jobs are given out on a first-come first-served basis.
Have a look and see if you can imagine yourself doing any of this. If the answer is yes, apply!
For the coming year we are looking to fill the roles described below.
5 bloggers for the Student Blog
You will write a minimum of 1 blog post per month with a focus on your life as a student at KI. Occasionally you will also collaborate with the Instagram team in making micro blogs for the Instagram feed and doing take-overs on stories.
Requirements: You need to be interested in blogging, storytelling, writing, and taking photos. Experience from blogging yourself is a plus but not a must. Feeling comfortable in front of a video camera is also a plus, as we sometimes look for ambassadors for videos or webinars.
For this role we only accept 1st year students from the following programmes:
- Master’s in Health Informatics
- Master’s in Global Health
- Master’s in Toxicology
- Master’s in Health Economics, Policy, and management
- Master’s in Public Health Sciences
The Instagram & YouTube teams work closely together. You will focus on your respective roles, but will collaborate in planning for especially video content and live broadcasts. All members answer questions in DMs and in comments.
We accept applications from 1st and 2nd year students.
You’ll share the responsibility of managing our Instagram account, posting visually appealing photos, videos and stories, with a focus on stories. You will coordinate take-overs and content contributions to the feed by the bloggers.
Requirements: You have an Instagram account where you enjoy creating different kinds of content. You are organised, self-driven, and enjoy being on camera. An interest in photography and graphic design is a plus.
You will primarily produce reels for our Instagram account and possibly shorts on our YouTube account. Occasionally you may also post stories on Instagram.
Requirements: Experience in producing videos with a smartphone. Ideally you have an Instagram or TikTok account today where you enjoy producing videos. You are fast paced, creative and enjoy being on camera.
You will produce videos for our YouTube channel with a focus on your life as a student at KI. Occasionally you may also post stories on Instagram.
Requirements: Experience in filming and editing videos with a video camera or smartphone. An interest in watching videos, short and long, on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok etc. It’s important that you are comfortable featuring yourself in the videos.
What you get
Generally our digital ambassadors are paid 2 250 SEK per month before taxes. You are expected to work an average of 15 h per month, including meetings, content creation, and answering questions. The exact amount or expected hours may be subject to a slight revision in August.
Occasionally there may be extra jobs that are paid out on top of your monthly salary.
We offer all new ambassadors an introduction where you for example will receive training in working with social media, writing, how to use relevant tools and whatever else you need to know.
You also get to join a wonderful group of people. We organise social and inspirational events together and have fun!
How to apply
You apply in our recruitment system Varbi between 15 and 27 August 2023.
We do not accept any applications or documents per email.
You need to:
- Upload a CV of max. 2 pages (be sure to provide relevant links proving your experience such as blog, Instagram account, photo skills, video skills or similar if any.)
- Write a motivational letter of max 2 500 characters incl. spaces in the assigned form (no upload option.)
- Rank your roles of interest if you are applying for more than one role.
- If you are applying for the position as a vlogger, you also need to send a max. 2 min long video sample made by you and featuring you in the video. Please send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org using the free online tool WeTransfer. Name the file with your first and last name.
- If you are applying for the role working with reels, you also need to share a link to at least one reel from your own account (need to be public) or you can create a new account if you don’t want to share from your private account. You need to be featured in the content.
Instagram feed and stories only
- If you are applying for the Instagram feed and stories role, you also need to share a link to at least one feed post and story from your own account (need to be public) or you can create a new account if you don’t want to share from your private account. You need to be featured in the content.
We will interview a selection of applicants during September.
If you have any questions, please contact Ulrica Kristhammar, Communications Officer at the Education Support Office, at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Digital ambassador boat trip
Join our digital ambassadors on a boat trip and learn what they enjoy the most about being on the digital ambassador team.