Radiology 3, 4.5 creditsRöntgendiagnostik 3, 4.5 hp
- Course code
- Course name
- Radiology 3
- 4.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- G2 - First cycle 2
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Programnämnden för röntgensjuksköterskprogrammet
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2011
Specific entry requirements
To be qualified to a higher semester, it is required that the student has taken at least 15 credits from last semester, and all credits from previous semesters.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to: based on consultation content to account for choice of modality and survey in neuroradiology. identify and explain common pathological changes and their location in neuroradiology. describe how contrast media may contribute to the diagnosis in neuroimaging studies. identify indicated pathological changes in the vascular system and explain endovascular therapies analyze and evaluate image quality in diagnostic imaging examine and explain the various scientific publications relevant to diagnostic radiology, and discuss the clinical application of the results
In the course, different examination methods are studied and commonly occurring pathology that may be visualized with diagnostic imaging methods within pediatric - and neurological radiology. An important part is to identify disease that require acute actions. Strong emphasis is placed on to be able to explain pathological changes and their position with an adequate medical terminology.
Lectures, seminars and image studies.
Examination takes place through an independent written examination. In consultation with the examiner of the course, the student may get a complementary assignment in case of absence from a compulsory part. The student is entitled to a total of six test to get passed. In connection to the course three occasions will be given One within the course, two during the following re-examinations. In certain cases, it is required that the student submits an exemption application before he/she get the results of his/her latest completed examination. Three more opportunities will be provided as described above when the course is run next time.
The student has the opportunity to be examined according to a previous course syllabus within a year from the date when the course was decided close-down or undergoes major changes.
Course evaluation will be carried out in accordance with the guidelines established by the Board of Education at Karolinska Institutet.
Literature and other teaching aids
Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2004 - 460 s. ISBN:91-44-02418-5 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:9416256 Library search
3. ed., rev. and updated /b Torsten B.Moeller, Emil Reif : Stuttgart : Thieme, 2007 - ix, 264 s. ISBN:3-13-125503-X (GTV) LIBRIS-ID:10257344 Library search
3. ed., rev. and updated : Stuttgart : Thieme, cop. 2007 - viii, 247 s. ISBN:3-13-125603-6 (GTV) LIBRIS-ID:10322889 Library search
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2008 - 848 s. ISBN:978-91-44-03887-2 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:10948825 URL: http://www.studentlitteratur.se/omslagsbild/artnr/31995-01/height/320/width/320/bild.jpg Library search
2. ed. : London : Arnold, cop.2001 - 262 s. ISBN:0-340-76231-4 (pbk) LIBRIS-ID:8284493 Library search
2. ed. : Philadelphia, Pa. : Saunders, cop. 2005 - 416 s.b ill. ISBN:0-7216-0527-3 (hft.) LIBRIS-ID:9681659 Library search
7 : New Jersey : MediMedia, 2004 - 362 ISBN:1929007-4-69 Library search