Radiology 3, 4.5 creditsRöntgendiagnostik 3, 4.5 hp
- Course code
- Course name
- Radiology 3
- 4.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- G2 - First cycle 2
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Programnämnden för röntgensjuksköterskprogrammet
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee CLINTEC
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2018
Specific entry requirements
To be qualified to a higher semester, it is required that the student has taken at least 15 credits from last semester, and all credits from previous semesters.
After completing the course the student will:
- explain the relationship between the referral content and choice of modality and the methodology in neuroradiology
- identify and explain common pathological changes and their position within the neuroradiology
- identify indicated pathological changes in the vascular system and explain endovascular therapies
- describe how contrast may contribute to the diagnosis in interventional and neuroimaging studies.
- analyze and evaluate diagnostic imaging regarding medical issues
- relate the latest research and proven experience to the learning outcomes regarding neuro radiology and the choice of clinical application
The course focuses on various modalities and common pathology that can be made visible with diagnostic methods in neuroradiology and vascular diagnosis with a review of endovascular therapies. An important aspect is to identify medical conditions that require urgent action. Emphasis is placed on being able to explain pathological changes and their location with adequate medical terminology. How different methods for examination may be justified on a scientific basis and evidence-based approach are also studied during the course.
Lectures, seminars, image studies and group work.
Examination takes place through an independent written examination and active performance of group work.
To pass with distinction the student must pass in the individual written exam with distinction and pass, active participation and performance of group work and attendance at the presentation session. For this the assessment is based on criteria.
In consultation with the examiner of the course, the student may get a complementary assignment in case of absence from a compulsory part.
The student is entitled to a total of six test to get passed.
In connection to the course three occasions will be given One within the course, two during the following re-examinations. In certain cases, it is required that the student submits an exemption application before he/she get the results of his/her latest completed examination. Three more opportunities will be provided as described above when the course is run next time.
If the course is examined by a extern exam, or other assignments with deadlines, a latest submission date is given at the introduction of the course. In cases where a completion is required a new date for latest submission is set. If the requirements for submission are not fulfilled the student is given the opportunity to submit the exam or the assignment at the next time course is given. Reasons for not meeting deadlines may be taken under consideration by examiner.
The student has the opportunity to be examined according to a previous course syllabus within a year from the date when the course was decided close-down or undergoes major changes.
Course evaluation will be carried out in accordance with the guidelines established by the Board of Education at Karolinska Institutet.
Literature and other teaching aids
Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2004 - 460 s. ISBN:91-44-02418-5 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:9416256 Library search
3. ed., rev. and updated /b Torsten B.Moeller, Emil Reif : Stuttgart : Thieme, 2007 - ix, 264 s. ISBN:3-13-125503-X (GTV) LIBRIS-ID:10257344 Library search
3. ed., rev. and updated : Stuttgart : Thieme, cop. 2007 - viii, 247 s. ISBN:3-13-125603-6 (GTV) LIBRIS-ID:10322889 Library search
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2014 - 510 s. ISBN:9789144079066 LIBRIS-ID:14984995 Library search
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2008 - 848 s. ISBN:978-91-44-03887-2 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:10948825 URL: http://www.studentlitteratur.se/omslagsbild/artnr/31995-01/height/320/width/320/bild.jpg Library search
2. ed. : London : Arnold, cop.2001 - 262 s. ISBN:0-340-76231-4 (pbk) LIBRIS-ID:8284493 Library search
2. ed. : Philadelphia, Pa. : Saunders, cop. 2005 - 416 s.b ill. ISBN:0-7216-0527-3 (hft.) LIBRIS-ID:9681659 Library search
7 : New Jersey : MediMedia, 2004 - 362 ISBN:1929007-4-69 Library search