Degree Project for Master's Degree (60 credits) in Odontological Prophylaxis, 30 creditsExamensarbete för magisterexamen i odontologisk profylaktik, 30 hp
This course syllabus is valid from autumn 2018.
- Course code
- Course name
- Degree Project for Master's Degree (60 credits) in Odontological Prophylaxis
- 30 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- Odontological Prophylaxis
- Second cycle, contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Dental Medicine
- Decided by
- Styrelsen för utbildning
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee DENTMED
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Autumn 2018
Specific entry requirements
- demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of odontological prophylaxis, with a particular focus on the chosen field
- identify and design research questions
- show advanced knowledge of scientific methods and apply the acquired knowledge to the field of odontological prophylaxis
- reflect on and apply ethical aspects in their own research area
- systematically search for and collect relevant data
- critically review, evaluate and synthesise information
- independently plan and complete a written project a within a given time-frame, which contributes to the development of knowledge in odontological prophylaxis
- demonstrate an ability to, orally and in writing, communicate with others, regarding their own knowledge, conclusions and arguments
- evaluate their own work and scientific contribution, and show insight into the possibilities and limitations of research
- identify and take responsibility for their own need of further knowledge
The quality and scope of the project should correspond to a publishable article for a scientific journal in the dental field. The project is written in Swedish and is supplemented with a summary in English.
Compulsory attendance is required at the seminars and lectures. The course coordinator decides whether, and if so how, absence from compulsory course elements can be made up.
The seminars and lectures are held at the Department of Dental Medicine, Huddinge, while the research project is carried out either at the Department of Dental Medicine, Huddinge or elsewhere under the guidance of an appointed supervisor.
Written and oral progress report of the research project at a half-time seminar.
Written and oral presentation of the project at a seminar, as well as a written and oral peer review of another student's project.
If the student does not pass the half-time examination, does not submit the assignments related to the written project by the scheduled time, or does not attend the examination, they must wait until the next examination opportunity. Examinations are carried out once a semester.
Literature and other teaching aids
2. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 1996 - 151 s. ISBN:91-44-36652-3 LIBRIS-ID:8353602 Library search
2nd ed. : Chicago : Quintessence Pub. Co., c2007 - x, 312 p. ISBN:978-0-86715-426-9 (pbk.) LIBRIS-ID:10682194 Library search
4. ed. : Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2000 - 356 s. + e 1 DC-ROM ISBN:0-7817-1860-0 LIBRIS-ID:8307462 Library search