Optometric Clinic 2, 6 creditsKlinisk optometri 2, 6 hp
This course syllabus is valid from spring 2017.
- Course code
- Course name
- Optometric Clinic 2
- 6 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- G2 - First cycle 2
- Grading scale
- Fail (U), pass (G) or pass with distinction (VG)
- Department of Clinical Neuroscience
- Decided by
- Programnämnd 8
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee CNS
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Spring 2017
Specific entry requirements
And that the student in relation to optometry, medical care and science should be able to show:
1) ability to make independent and critical assessments
2) very high ability to interpret scientific articles and how one reviews critically and reflect over the importance of the results, and
3) high ability to reflect over new scientific data in relation to earlier published data
4) be able to apply and interpret the findings of all types of patients from a AAAQ framework.
The aims 1-4 should be seen in relation to the document "Vetenskaplig strimma Optikerprogrammet".
In addition to this, the course is part of the program 's teaching intended to develop the student' s scientific abilities. In which the student should - show the ability to continue to develop within the field, including best practice and scientific communication. They will also develop his knowledge and understanding, his skills and abilities his judgement and sit scientific thought and attitudes in relation to optometry and a lifelong learning. The teaching related to general science and scientific abilities is described in a separate document.
The course is divided into two (2) parts:
Clinical work, 3.0 hp
Theoretical understanding, 3.0 hp
The course director assesses if, absence from a compulsory education element can be replaced. If this is possible, the course director decides how the learning objectives should be achieved. Until the student has participated in the compulsory parts (or compensated any absence with assigned tasks in accordance with instructions from the course director) the final study results can not be reported. Absence from a mandatory education element could mean that the student can not do the part until the next time the course is offered.
Part 1 examines all aims. Compulsory and active participation applies at demonstrations, test, laboratory sessions, seminars, study visits and at practical/clinical exercises. In case of absence, measures with course directors are discussed. The part is examined through written assignments and clinical work. The part is graded according to the scale Fail (U)/Pass (G).
Part 2 examines all aims. The part is examined with a written test. Re examination may be oral The part is graded according to the scale Failed/Passed/pass with credit.
The overall course mark is graded according to the scale Failed/Passed/pass with credit. A Pass grade requires a Pass in both parts. To pass with distinction is required passed in part 1 and pass with credit in part 2.
Criteria for assessing practical tests are established in separate documents.
Course evaluation will be carried out in accordance with the guidelines established by the Board of Education.
Literature and other teaching aids
2nd ed. : St. Louis, Mo. : Butterworth-Heinemann/Elsevier, c2006. - xviii, 1694 p. ISBN:0-7506-7524-1 LIBRIS-ID:10580274 Library search
St. Louis ; b Mosby, c cop. 1998 : Mosby, cop. 1998 - xv, 368 s. ISBN:0-8016-6916-2 LIBRIS-ID:5674465 Library search
4.ed. : Edinburgh : Elsevier/Butterworth Heinemann, 2007 - 470 p ISBN:9780750688741 Library search
3rd ed. : Edinburgh ;a New York : Elsevier/Butterworth Heinemann, 2007 - xii, 342 p. ISBN:978-0-7506-8896-3 LIBRIS-ID:11008167 Library search
5th ed. : St. Louis : Butterworth-Heinemann/Elsevier, 2007 - 510 p. ISBN:978-0-7506-7575-6 Library search
7. ed. : Oxford : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2009 - 409 p ISBN:978-0-7020-2958-5 Library search
5. ed. /b Bruce J.W. Evans : Edinburgh ;a New York : Elsevier Butterworth Heinemann, 2007 - 454 s. ISBN:978-0-7506-8897-0 LIBRIS-ID:10659509 Library search
London : Blackwell Science, 1993 - vii, 168 s. : ill. ISBN:0-632-03599-4 Library search
7. ed. : Edinburgh : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2011 - ix, 909 s. ISBN:978-0-7020-4093-1 (hbk.) LIBRIS-ID:12189545 Library search
New York : McGraw-Hill Co., c2000. - xi, 345 p. ISBN:978-0-8385-2670-5 (alk. paper) LIBRIS-ID:11950260 Library search