To Initiate and Develop Educational Processes -Supervision of Radiographic Methods and Activities, 7.5 creditsAtt initiera och utveckla pedagogiska processer - handledning i radiografiska metoder och verksamheter, 7.5 hp
This course syllabus is valid from spring 2022.
- Course code
- Course name
- To Initiate and Develop Educational Processes -Supervision of Radiographic Methods and Activities
- 7.5 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- G2 - First cycle 2
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Programnämnd 6
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee CLINTEC
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Spring 2022
Specific entry requirements
- be able to describe and apply the documents that regulate higher education in general and X-ray nursing programme in particular
- be able to analyse concept in learning process and explain relationship between learning processes and how different educational methods can stimulate student's learning
- be able to compare different tutorial forms and apply these in different educational situations or context
- be able to analyse and reflect on examinations and methods for feedback
- be able to apply current research and quality developing methods in teaching situations
During this theme students are given an overview of academic central concepts and statutes and laws that regulate higher education. Overview of X-ray nursing programme's programme syllabus and analyses of current course syllabi for placement and different evaluation forms.
... about to learn
During this theme concepts in learning process such as knowledge, expertise and skills are compared. Relationship between learning processes strategies and research around learning in clinical training is discussed. Student also implement a learning style test. During the theme students reflects over how different educational methods can stimulate and support student's learning in specific situations related to own profession.
... about to learn out
Theme starts with a description of concept supervision and different tutorial situations. These are joined in a context with historical background, basic ideas but also theories and models for different forms of supervision situations. During the theme students are given possibility to apply theoretical knowledge of student's learning in a practical education/supervision situation.
... about to assess and assess
This theme is theorised around What and How in an examination situation. During the theme troublesome examination such as that for example to fail a student are reflected over. During the theme examination's result with feedback and feedback to student are discussed also .
... about to research and develop
The final theme in the course contains an overview of quality improvement methods such as evidence-based and PDSA. The theme also take current research about learning in placement and is completed with a discussion of research as development of new knowledge.
In those cases where the course is assessed through take-home examination or written assignments be given a latest date for submission of these, that state at course introduction. In those cases where result of assessment give supplementary qualification of assignment should date for latest submission of this be stated. Consequence of if student not satisfied requirements for submission be given possibility to both deliver written assignment and supplementary qualification at the next course date. Special causes can observe in connection with submission of assignment.
If there are special grounds, or a need for adaptation for a student with a disability, the examiner may decide to deviate from the syllabus's regulations on the examination form, the number of examination opportunities, the possibility of supplementation or exemptions from the compulsory section of the course etc. Content and learning outcomes as well as the level of expected skills, knowledge and abilities may not be changed, removed or reduced.
Literature and other teaching aids
Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2006 - 172 s. ISBN:91-44-04325-2 LIBRIS-ID:10236982 Library search
3. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2011 - 79 s. ISBN:9789144059877 LIBRIS-ID:12159432 Library search
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2011 - 230 s. ISBN:978-91-44-06886-2 LIBRIS-ID:12436945 Library search