Pathophysiology, 8 creditsSjukdomslära, 8 hp
This course syllabus is valid from spring 2022.
- Course code
- Course name
- 8 credits
- Form of Education
- Higher Education, study regulation 2007
- Main field of study
- Not applicable
- GX - First cycle
- Grading scale
- Fail (U) or pass (G)
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
- Decided by
- Utbildningsnämnden CLINTEC
- Decision date
- Revised by
- Education committee CLINTEC
- Last revision
- Course syllabus valid from
- Spring 2022
Specific entry requirements
Mathematics 2a/2b/2c, Science 2, Social studies 1b/1a1+1a2 (field-specific entry requirements A14). Or: Mathematics B, Science B, Social studies A (field-specific entry requirements 16).
- describe some global public health problem
- explain underlying prevention and causes i.e. aetiology and genesis mechanisms to diseases based on scientific grounds
- describe basic pathological conditions and how they influence the body function i.e. pathophysiology, in commonly occurring acute or chronic diseases and the symptoms for these disease
- based on the clinical picture give examples of diagnostic methods and treatments based on evidence
- account for laboratory analyses that can be related to future professional work
This course is based on a scientific basis where pathological conditions throughout the body are studied with emphasis on diseases that can be diagnosed in Image and Function, radiology. The course also includes a global health perspective where students are given the opportunity to reflect and discuss global health issues with fellow students from other X-ray nursing programs in Sweden. The course is divided into the following parts:
Global Health perspective, 0.5 hp
General pathology, 1.0 hp
Heart disease, 1.0 hp
Pulmonary diseases, 1.0 hp
Diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system, 1.5 hp
Urinary tract diseases, 0.5 hp
Injury disorders, 1.0 hp
Orthopedics, 1.5 hp
The course uses, among other things, the pedagogical method flipped classroom, where the student, based on instructions, prepares for lectures and seminars within the course.
In the case of compulsory training elements, the course coordinator assesses how absence can be remedied. Before the student has participated in the compulsory educational elements or taken up absence in accordance with the course coordinator's instructions, the study results cannot be approved.
Student who is not passed after regular examination have the right to participate at further five examinations. In connection to the course three occasions will be given One within the course, one during the following re-examination. The third opportunity is provided before the beginning of the next semester, or in close connection to that. In certain cases, it is required that the student submits an exemption application before he/she get the results of his/her latest completed examination. Three more opportunities will be provided as described above when the course is run next time.
If student implemented six failed examinations are given no additional examination. As examination, the times been counted student participated in one and the same test. Submission of blank exam is counted as examination. Examination to which student registered but not participated be counted not as examination.
If there are special grounds, or a need for adaptation for a student with a disability, the examiner may decide to deviate from the syllabus's regulations on the examination form, the number of examination opportunities, the possibility of supplementation or exemptions from the compulsory section of the course etc. Content and learning outcomes as well as the level of expected skills, knowledge and abilities may not be changed, removed or reduced.
Literature and other teaching aids
5., [rev.] uppl. : Stockholm : Liber, 2013 - 704 s. ISBN:9789147105816 (inb.) LIBRIS-ID:14678372 Library search
Tredje upplagan : Lund : Studentlitteratur AB, 2021 - 418 sidor ISBN:9789144137254 LIBRIS-ID:3hcskq011wrldr8b Library search
4. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2011 - 199 s. ISBN:978-91-44-05584-8 LIBRIS-ID:12189853 Library search
1. uppl. : Lund : Studentlitteratur, 2016 - 295 s. ISBN:9789144076942 LIBRIS-ID:19434544 Library search